Monday, May 03, 2010

my heart


There are days when being a mother, a good mother, seems to require more than I have to offer. There are days when I feel overwhelmed with the responsibility of it all. There are days when I let "mommy guilt" consume me and almost pull me under. There are days when I cry more than once. There are days when I panic at what lies before us (the teenage years, driving, dating, the birds and the bees talks). There are days when I give myself more time outs than my children. There are days when I wonder if I have done anything right. There are days when I raise my voice and must ask for their forgiveness. There are days when I count the minutes until Grey's Anatomy.

BUT.....

There are many, many more days when I am overcome with gratitude for these two amazing little people. Not a day goes by that they don't make me laugh. Not a day goes by that I don't learn something from them. At some point throughout every single day, I close my eyes and simply say, "thank you." They are smart, they are funny, they are witty, they are sensitive, they are kind (most of the time), they are perceptive, they are inquisitive, they are full of life and full of energy. They are teaching me patience. They are teaching me gratitude. They are teaching me to be ever-mindful of what I say, and how I say it. They are teaching me to be in the moment, to look at the world through child-colored glasses, to soak up every minute of every day. They are my heart.

4 comments:

Tara Brooke said...

Kristy;
I have been stalking your blog for sometime now, and wanted to tell you how much I appreciate you being so transparent and sharing your heart so openly! It is crazy that technology allows us that feeling of being connected without me physically seeing you in years. I just thought I would speak up and tell you that I think you are a beautiful woman both inside and out, and I would love to meet up sometime and share a coffee:)
Your friend,
Tara Melcher-Gonzales

Krysta said...

Thank you for writing that. I needed to hear it. I could say ditto to all of it...even Grey's Anatomy!

Erin said...

What a beautiful post Kristy! I'm sure so many moms feel the exact same - I know I do. Being a mom is so hard and wonderful all at the same time. Love the way you expressed that. I also loved your 10 on Wednesday!

Thank you so much for all of your encouragement and support during my recovery!

Nancy Wyatt said...

Adorable photos! I've been missing out on so many blogs I follow due to keeping busy :( But, trying to get back to it! Have always enjoyed your blog! Hope you are having a fabulous Mother's day with your beautiful family! *hugs from conroe, tx!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails