Thursday, March 04, 2010

books, books and more books

Hello, my name is Kristy and I am a book addict!!

When I got into full on book-organizing mode yesterday, I realized that I might have a bit of a book-buying problem. I admit it, I love books! I will buy them at the bookstore, I will buy them at Costco, I will buy them online, I will buy them at Target, I will buy even buy them at the grocery store. I have even been known to buy a book (or two) when I have a couple on my nightstand that I haven't even read yet :)

I have been a book lover for as long as I can remember. Even when I was in law school, when I had pages upon pages of "required" reading to tackle, I always found time to escape to the Barnes and Noble near my apartment to browse the aisles and see what I was missing. To me there is nothing better than reading in bed each night before I fall asleep.

My nightstand


Here is just a sampling of the books I pulled from the shelves in the large entertainment center in our living room. I don't have a photo of the "Donate" pile but let's just say it is HUGE!!

This is the "Before" shot of the armoire in our bedroom.....I had attempted to organize it in the past (thus the magazine holders), but it just never quite worked.

A close-up of the "After."

I took all the books out, organized them into piles, put a huge stack in the "Donate" pile, put them back neatly, and labeled the magazine holders: Parenting, Photography, Scrapbooking, Celebrations, Keepsake Magazines (which I whittled down to 2 containers) and books from my favorite author, Alexandra Stoddard. These are the categories of books that I am most likely to flip through over and over again, so I like to have them handy in my bedroom


The "After"

I still have a bit more work to do on this project today, but everything already looks so much better!! Now, (almost) all of our books fit neatly onto the books shelves in our office, play room, and kid's rooms.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hi Kristy!

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. Your blog is darling! I love a good organizing post. :) I'm especially loving all of your labels! Your post makes me wish I had more time to read.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails