Monday, January 11, 2010

this and that

So here we are.....already 11 days into 2010!! Like most of us, I have been looking back at all the wonderful things that happened in 2009, and thinking about the ways that I want to improve, change and grow in the coming months. I heard something at church yesterday, though, that put things in a new perspective for me.....something that I am so glad that I heard at the beginning of the year before my priorities got too far out of whack. I was reminded yesterday that in ALL we do, our ULTIMATE goal should be to glorify God!! It is that simple. That is where my focus should be. In everything I do, I should be asking myself "Will this glorify God?" or "How can I handle this situation to best honor the Lord?"

That really made me stop and think about what is truly important, what is worthy of my time and attention, what is a worthy goal or resolution. So although I will definitely still have goals....lists of things I want to try, experience, learn, etc....the overarching "theme" if you will, will be to glorify God in all that I do this year and every year.

One way that I intend to honor God this year, is through relationships. I want to honor my friendships by spending time with friends, and letting them know how much their friendships mean to me. Here is a look at 2 of the pages I did at the beginning of last year to document some of the Christmas cards we received. I used divided page protectors and cut the cards down so that a portion of them would show through the window. Obviously, most of the cards were too big to fit into the opening, so I cut out parts that I thought looked good and just went with it.....I tried not to get too bogged down in who/what was cut out. The first page is the cover/title page and the second is just one of the pages that I filled with various photos. Now off to work on 2009 Christmas cards!!






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails