Thursday, January 07, 2010

i have learned




I recently took an online class here by Ali Edwards, and although I am way behind due to the holidays, I have really enjoyed working on all the layouts for the class so far. The 2 page layout above is 8.5 x 11.....the first page is just a simple title page (Ali was encouraging us to use some of the beautiful papers just as they are, with very little embellishment), and the second page is nothing but text.... sentence after sentence of things I have learned along the way.

One thing you will notice about this layout is that there are NO photos. That is definitely a new concept for me, but I love thinking about scrapbooking in many different formats....scrapbooking as storytelling. My scrapbooks are filled with layouts about my children (birthdays, holidays, firsts, etc..), but I also want to spend some time this year making layouts that give my children a little glimpse into who their mama is and what she is all about.

I really enjoyed thinking about things I have learned thus far in my life. Obviously, the list is not exhaustive :) and I basically just opened up a document on my computer and jotted things down as they came into my mind. I love it!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails