Monday, January 18, 2010

swirling thoughts



Something has changed in me recently......a slight shift maybe, but I can definitely feel a difference in my own soul. I find myself getting excited again about things that have inspired me in the past, but that I haven't felt energized by in long while. I am so very grateful!!

1. I am inspired to tackle the craft room/play room again......work is in progress to turn this room into a place that we actually want to be, a place that contains all of my scrapbook goodness, a place where we can have movie night, a place where the kiddos' toys are actually organized, a place where we can create wonderful messes :)

2. I am reading again like crazy!! I remember this feeling......wanting to spend time at the bookstore, tearing out magazine pages with book recommendations, a stack a mile high on my bedside table, looking forward to curling up at night with my latest find, this feeling that there simply isn't enough time in the day to read all the great books I have on my list.

3. I am writing again (thanks in part to my one little word project). I have kept journals for as long as I can remember....off an on, with long stretches where I hardly wrote anything at all. This year, I am inspired to start a daily writing practice. I am reading books about great journal-writers, and I am working out a schedule that will allow me some quiet time each day to sit and write whatever comes to mind. In the past, I have often been drawn to my journal during particularly rough times in my life......now, I want to make it a point to write in my journal during the particularly wonderful times of my life as well....these are the times I want to remember!

4. I am slowly working to improve my eating habits and to take better care of my body. I emphasize the word slowly, because I know from past experience, that if I go full-force, I will inevitably give up all together. Instead, I am enjoying adding fruits, yogurt, green-tea, and nuts into my diet, and eliminating as much meat as possible. I am also stretching, and doing a little exercise with the kiddos in the afternoon....they think it's fun and I am able to sneak in a little cardio without really noticing it :)

"To everything there is a season," and I believe this is my season for truly living....for getting out there and making the most out of every single moment. I have lived long enough and experienced enough heartache to know that there will definitely be tough times ahead...no one is spared that, but I also know that this is not a dress rehearsal....life is for living!!

1 comment:

offer admin said...

nice article...

offerofmylife.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails