Monday, January 25, 2010

contemplating



I didn't get to catch the Oprah show last week about driving while texting or talking on the phone, but I have been hearing about it in bits and pieces the last few days, and it really has me thinking. If I am in the car, I can most likely be found with phone in hand....checking email, texting, checking facebook updates or simply chatting away. It has become a crutch, something to fill the time as I journey from point A to point B. What I learned from the show (and truthfully what I already knew in my heart) is that this is an unnecessary and quite dangerous habit....I don't recall the statistics exactly, but apparently, it is even more dangerous to text while driving than to drink while driving!!
From now on, no texting while driving, no checking emails or facebook status updates, and I am going to limit calls to only those that are urgent (if I see the number to Sienna's school, I am definitely going to pick it up!!). It's not going to be easy, but when you know better, you do better....right???






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails