Thursday, May 28, 2009

she graduated

Our sweet little girl graduated from Pre-K 3 today!! At first, I thought it was a little silly to have an entire graduation ceremony for a 3 year-old, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized how important it is to celebrate the milestones in our lives (both big and small). 

Certain events in my life over the past few years have made me realize more than ever how short life really is.......and those losses have taught me so many lessons. One thing I have been reminded of is the importance of photographs. There is nothing quite like a picture to recall a memory and freeze time. I make it a priority now to document the relationships in my family's life.

Today was a celebration for our family. A time to get together, take pictures, laugh, cry and celebrate our little girl and my sweet nephew and their accomplishments this year.

Sienna received the Giant Leap award, and I think that sums up her year perfectly!! She started at this school in January, so she was already "behind" her other classmates, but she has blossomed and grown so much in these past few months, and I am so very proud of her!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails