Friday, February 27, 2009

the flu


Things I have learned (or re-learned) about myself while having the flu:

1. I am not an easy patient......my sweet husband has been doing everything he can to keep up with the cooking, cleaning, diaper changing, bath-giving duties while I have been down for the count, but what I've noticed about myself is that although I am extremely grateful to him for taking care of all of these "tasks," I will still complain when I don't feel like he is giving me enough TLC (rubbing my shoulders, checking on me, asking how I am feeling, etc...) I know that sounds terrible, but it's true :)

2. I often think about how lovely it would be to lay in bed, watch movies, read, nap, etc... BUT as soon as I am sick and forced to lay in bed, my mind starts racing with all the things I need/want to be doing (going to the grocery store, the bank, Target, the dry-cleaners)...it's really quite exhausting!!

3. I am not a hypochondriac, but as soon as I actually get sick, I start thinking of all the millions of things I could come down with.....for example, last night my neck was feeling really stiff and so I started thinking about a commercial I had seen on TV earlier in the day, and I asked my husband, "what if I have meningitis?" he just laughed :)

4. I can be a tad dramatic......my sweet little girl is sick today as well, so she had to miss her school pictures this morning (group and individual) and I have cried off and on about this fact all day long....I am completely devastated about her missing out on this!!

1 comment:

dragonflydreamer said...

We should definitely be best friends because I could have written every one of the items on your list about myself too. Hope you and your little girl are feeling better soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails