Wednesday, January 07, 2009

one little word

Sweet Grant after enjoying his daily Biter Biscuit :)


Lovely little self-portrait at 12:00am on New Year's Day


Our budding rock star enjoying one of her presents from her birthday this year



I have been pondering my One Little Word for the year and here are my favorites:
Pray
Nurture
Positive
Purpose
I think the one that really captures what I want from this year is Nurture. I want to nurture my family by spending more quality time together (less time in front of the television, more time outside or reading stories together). 
I want to nurture my marriage by being proactive and planning more date nights and maybe even some weekend get-aways this year.
I want to nurture my family by making our home a safe, comfortable, welcoming environment and by cooking more healthy meals this year. 
I want to nurture my friendships by making them a priority this year.....I have really let this area of my life fall to the back burner. I guess that is part of having a new born, but it's also just a result of me being lazy and complacent in my friendships. I really want to put more time and effort into my friends this year and hopefully even make some new ones along the way. Johnny and I are praying for a "couple" friendship to come into our lives. 
I also want to nurture myself by doing the things that bring me joy.......by spending time creating and learning more about photography, reading great books, traveling, and spending time with The Lord.
I want to be patient with myself and the goals I have set this year. Instead of racing to check things off my list, I want to look at this year as a time to nurture those parts of my life that need attention and loving care.
I'm curious, what is your One Little Word this year???

1 comment:

The Prosper Russells said...

Great Post and I love your word!! I think I will post about mine!! I will be praying for your "couple" friends too ~ Rick and I have have that in Jon and Liesl and we just ADORE them!! It's soooo hard to find a girfriend that you love and trust that has a guy your hubby really likes too!! Happy 2009

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails