Wednesday, October 29, 2008

blog goodies to share


Just thought I would share a few things I am enjoying this week:

(1) Over on Heidi Swapp's blog she has a couple free PDFs to download......one is all about Gratitude (Oct. 28th post) and one is a cool little sign you can print out and post somewhere in your home to remind you to "Fix it Up, Wear it Out, Make Do, DO Without"
I am planning on putting this one on our fridge. I am reading a book about Living Simply with Children, and although some of the ideas are a little far out for me, one thing I realized is that I need to do a better job of simply using less "stuff." I have gotten so good about recycling, but that is only half the battle.....what I need to focus on is creating less waste.....having less things to recycle in the first place.
(2) There is also some good stuff over on Ali Edward's blog right now about her December Daily album. I did this album last year and am planning on making another one before December arrives so I will be all ready to go. The concept is to make a mini-album before the holidays and then fill it with journaling and photos throughout the month. I absolutely LOVE the one I did last year and it will be so fun to have laying around for people to flip through during the Christmas season.
(3) I read a post on Stacy Julian's blog yesterday that really spoke to me. It's all about why we scrapbook and what a wonderful gift it truly is for our families......she talks about how we as Moms seem to waste so much time feeling guilty for any time we spend on ourselves and then we beat ourselves up for not having perfect handwriting or not being caught up on our kid's books....it's really silly if you think about it. This post reminded me of why I spend my free time recording my family's memories....go read it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails