Tuesday, April 22, 2008

eARTh day recap

I just finished watching Oprah's show on Earth day and thinking that we are doing a pretty good job as a family of lowering our negative impact on the environment. I am feeling pretty good about the fact that I have tried to be conscious of the choices we are making and to integrate changes here and there that will hopefully have a positive impact on Mother Earth.

I am hoping to do a layout sometime soon with a letter to my kiddos about how important this issue is becoming to me and helping them understand how important it is that we treat our earth with tender loving care....to let them see that each one of us has a responsibility to learn about how to take better care of our planet. As Oprah has said in the past, "WHen you know better, you do better." LOVE that!!

Other thoughts today:

Is it wrong that my 2 year old will tell anyone that asks that American Idol is on tonight and that she likes "Jason Cats-ro" (Castro) :)
The funny thing is, she goes to bed at 7:30, so she only gets to see about 30 minutes of the show and I guess she has just heard everyone in our home town talking about Jason and how much they love him, so now she does too.....precious.

She is definitely a 21st century kid...she likes to walk around the house with her Dora cell phone, purse in hand and say that she is going to "Starbucks"....cracks me up everytime (I wonder where she got that???)

Grant is already almost 3 months old and he is finally entering the fun personality stage. His smile is just huge and it lights up your heart everytime. He still isn't sleeping through the night, but now, during the day he is awake for longer stretches of time and he is usually only cranky when he is very hungry. I still can't believe I am a mama of two little ones.....it still hasn't fully sunk in yet!!

This afternoon we are heading to Sienna's school for their Spring Program. I am excited but nervous that when she sees all of us in the crowd she is going to want to run to us instead of singing their little songs. I guess I should just decide right now to go with the flow and just let whatever will be, be :)
She was practicing her songs this morning and it is adorable. She knows all the words to "Twinkle, Twinkle little Star," "ABCD," "The Itsy Bitsy Spider," and "Jesus Loves Me"
She is growing up so very fast!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails