Wednesday, May 21, 2008

grateful

I have decided to add "Be a better blogger" to my ever-growing to-do list.....I have been thinking so much lately about how time really does go by in the blink of an eye!! How is it that my little boy is almost 4 months old??

I have found that with the second child, it is easy to get caught up in the day-to-day struggles, the lists, the rush to get things done, the schedules, etc... and I realized the other night that I had barely taken the time to just BE with my son.....to simply hold him and breath in his sweet baby smell and stare at his sweet baby toes. He is growing so quickly and I can already look back at his newborn pictures and wonder where the time has gone.....

One of the many reasons I am grateful that scrapbooking has become such a major part of my life is because it has made me look at time and memories so differently. I realize now that if I don't take the time to take a picture or jot down a little something about an event or moment in our lives, it's as if it never happened. Even things that I am certain I will never forget, end up becoming just a blur....the details are gone. So along with my journals and lists, I have decided that I really want to do a better job of blogging....not worrying about attaching a photo every time or thinking that I need to have something really profound to write about, but just getting on the computer and letting my thoughts flow freely...recording our life exactly as it is.

Grant at (almost) 4 months:
*He has the sweetest smile and when he smiles, he opens up his entire mouth
*Sometimes he gives you the "sly smile" (one side goes up) and it looks like he knows something the rest of us don't
*He is rock solid, short and stocky....just like his daddy :)
*We decided last night to start dropping the middle of the night feeding and let him cry it out a little......I am so grateful that daddy has agreed to sleep in the guest room and comfort Grant when he wakes up

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails