Wednesday, January 02, 2008

where to begin?



Wow, Christmas has come and gone, Sienna is officially 2 years old, a New Year is here and I am on bed rest awaiting the arrival of our little boy!!! As of tomorrow, I will have been in this bed for one week, but it seems more like 1 month....there is nothing like a round of doctor ordered bed rest to make you think of all the things you need to be doing (getting the nursery ready, de-cluttering the house, talking down all of the holiday decorations, etc...). But for now, I am trying to focus on the fact that it is too early for little Grant to make his arrival, and the best place for me is in the bed, resting.

Luckily, Johnny got a wireless card a few weeks ago, so when it is working properly, I am able to get on the computer and see what's going on in the world. I have also already devoured a stack of magazines, finished "Marley and Me" and began "Happiness for Two," my new book by Alexandra Stoddard (love her!!!) I have also made lots of to-do lists and ordered a few things online. I am trying to take a nap each day and watch as little tv as possible.

I have also had plenty of time to think about what I would like to add to my life in 2008. That list is pretty long, but some of the highlights include:

1. Making small changes to make our environmental footprint a little lighter as a family

2. Keeping a running list of all the books I read in 2008

3. Continuing to improve my photography skills (learning more about my camera and reading everything I can about ways to improve)

4. Making it a priority to get back in shape after the baby comes (yoga, walking, etc...)

5. Spending more time in nature alone and with my family (taking pictures, starting a collection, just being outside and soaking up the fresh air)

6. Planning adventures big and small.....getting out of our comfort zone as a family (being spontaneous, taking little trips, etc..)

7. Making time for prayer, attending church regularly, and trying to have a quiet time

8. Organize my scrap space (hopefully I will get this done with my BPS class)

9. Begin to de-clutter our home and continue to create a home that is filled with ONLY the things we find beautiful or useful (stop buying so much "stuff" and really seek out items that will stand the test of time)

10. Strengthen our friendships by calling, writing letters, emails, and making plans to get together.....we will also be on a quest this year to seek out some couple friends to spend time with

I think that will give me some things to focus on in the New Year....I am trying to focus on the pleasure of the journey and not looking at it as a list to just cross off. Here's to a joyful, healthy New Year!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails