Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day

So today I am taking the time to really stop and be grateful for those that have served our country and have given their lives for the freedoms that we enjoy today. Regardless of my political views on this particiular war or this particular administration, I stop today and send prayers out to all of the men and women serving our country and all of their families and friends who miss them so very much. It's easy sometimes to only think about this day as being a "holiday" = a day off of work, a day to grill out and to be with our families, but I also want to remember what the day is really all about. It is a day to remember. Today, I am also remembering my brother and missing him like crazy.....wishing he could have been with us today at the Farm drawing on the pavement with sidewalk chalk, eating watermelon and just being with family. He loved those times....times where we all just got together as a family and ate and talked and played games and laughed. I wanted him to be there so badly.......Yet I know there is a celebration in Heaven today and everyday. A celebration that far outshines our earthly celebrations. I know that he is enjoying an everlasting peace, a peace that he wasn't ever able to find here on earth and for that I am grateful.
So today I choose to remember the good times. The way that Kyle laughed like no one else could, the way he played the drums and snowboarded and wakeboarded and was good at everything he tried. The way he loved his little boy so very much and the way he cried as I walked down the aisle at my wedding. I will remember what a great dancer he was and how sweet his little spirit was. How he was kind to everyone and made friends with anyone and took such pride in the way he dressed. He was definitely one of a kind and I am sad that he is gone. I pray that he knew how much I loved him. I know that I will see him again........

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails