Friday, May 25, 2007

May LO


So here is the LO I just finished for May. May has been a pretty busy month, so I decided to combine my YTR May LO with the LO I wanted to submit for the Goodie Box challenge. So......., this LO is all about the relationship between mother and daughter. It is really about the circle of life and the legacy that we leave as mothers. I love that I was able to find a picture of my Mom and I at the beach on vacation when I was just about the same age as Sienna is now---I used a picture of me, my mom (GaGa) and Sienna on our trip to Seaside this month and I really liked how it turned out.
As for the Goodie Box challenge:

Something Old: photo of my mom and I at the beach
Something New: photo of our trip this month to Seaside, Florida
Something borrowed: Heidi Swapp's techniques (using a mask as a stencil, poking holes to add definition, making the background 3-d, etc..)
Something Blue: blue watercolor pencil to trace the mask, blue chalk ink to ink the edges, blue flowers, blue sequins, blue ribbon, blue water in the sea

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails