Monday, January 01, 2007

A New Year

Last night was definitely a different kind of New Year's Eve...... After black-eyed peas and cornbread at MeMa and PePa's, we came home, put the baby to bed and I fell asleep watching Will and Grace---I didn't even make it to 11:00. Luckily, Johnny was up "playing" in the kitchen and he came in a woke me up right before midnight so I could see the fireworks and get a quick smoochy smooch :) Maybe next year we will celebrate a little more extravagantly, but this year was just perfect---at home and safe with the 2 people I love most in this world.
So today is all about relaxing and gearing up for the new year. My mind is racing with all the possibilities----things I want to delete from my life and things I am excited to add. I am not making the typical resolutions this year. Instead, I am trying to focus on a few little things that will hopefully make a big impact......
1. I will make time to get together with my girlfriends at least once a month
2. I will send thank-you notes, cards and "just because" letters on a regular basis to let the people I care about know just how much I love them
3. I will make a Birthday Calendar to keep track of all the important B-days in my life
4. I will host the Book Exchange Party I have been planning in my head for the past year
5. I will get my closet in order once and for all
6. I will actually go to the yoga and dance classes I keep talking about---not b/c I have to but b/c of how great I feel afterwards
7.I will start eating more fruits and veggies (remember: I am setting a good example for my daughter now....)
8. We will go on a trip to Seaside with friends
9. I will plan date nights in advance for Johnny and I and stop pestering him to do the planning
10. I will stay in constant prayer and a state of gratitude and go to the Word for all the answers

So there are my Big 10 for the year---I have to remember that I don't have to get them all done in the first week fo January, I have the whole year to complete the list :)
I also don't have to feel limited to this list. I also want to create more, read more, dance more, take more walks with Sienna and I want to watch TV less, and nag less and generally be a more positivem healthy, spiritual person this year. SOunds like a piece of cake :) :) :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails