Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas

Well, the Big Day is almost here.... It has been so hard for me to get in the Christmas spirit this year. I know it is going to be so tough not having my brother here to celebrate---his very favorite time of the year. I am 30 years old and this will be the first Christmas that he and I won't wake up at the crack of dawn to see what Santa has brought us. Yet as in all things, there is another side. Our daughter's very first Christmas. I know she won't remember this one, but it is still such a special time. She has brought more joy to our lives than I ever thought possible and she has made this year bearable for all of us.
Then to top it all off, she will turn 1 on the 29th. I am going to do my very best each year to make her Birthday a special day even though everyone will be winding down from all the Christmas hoopla. I really think it will be just what everyone needs..... Sometimes when Christmas is over, there is a sort of let down from all the festivities, but now we will always have her Birthday to look forward to. It will be a wonderful way to end each year and to get ready for the year ahead.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails