Thursday, February 16, 2012

how we celebrated (part 1)

I love February. I love Valentine's Day. I love that it makes us focus on the ones that we love in a very purposeful, concrete way. And yes, I'm aware that we should focus on the ones that we love every day of the year.....but it's nice to have a red and pink, chocolate-covered holiday to remind us that love really is in the details. (I'm totally annoyed by all the "We don't celebrate Valentine's Day because it's just another commercial holiday drummed up to sell cards and chocolate....blah, blah, blah" but that's another story for another day).

I look at Valentine's Day (and really the whole month of February) as a time to make the ordinary just a little less ordinary. To find inexpensive, and sometimes not so inexpensive ways to make the ones we love feel special.

This year, we had a few friends over for a little "Crafternoon" to decorate Valentine boxes for school. I had the best time gathering the supplies and snacks, and setting everything out to make it look festive and fun.






The girls had fun being together, and getting their "homework" done, and I loved having a house full of mommys and kiddos running around crafting up a storm!!

1 comment:

Krysta said...

What a cute party! I love that you try to make every day in February a little special.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails