Friday, August 05, 2011

Cheerleading

I was never a cheerleader. I tried out once in sixth grade, didn't make the cut, and devoted my life to dance from then on.

My little girl, on the other hand, has been interested in cheerleading from the time she could walk. She has owned several pair of pom-poms in her day, she can often be found walking around the house in her Dallas Cowboy or University of Texas cheer outfit stopping to "perform" in front of the mirror, and I will never forget the look of awe on her face when she saw the real Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders for the first time!

This week, she participated in her first cheer camp, and to say she enjoyed it would be a major understatement. Who knows if this is just a phase or something she will continue to be passionate about years from now? For now, she is jumping in with both feet!!











No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails