Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010

I have so many thoughts swirling around in my head today. So much that I want to say, so many moments that I don't want to forget. I have already started my list-making this morning: lists of things I need to get done for Sienna's birthday party (in 2 days!!!), lists of moments I want to scrapbook or blog about, lists of things I want to change about next year's Christmas celebration, lists of "resolutions" for the New Year. My mind is a bit chaotic and jumbled, and I feel the need to take a big deep breath, clean out the old and start the new year fresh. But before I move forward, a look back.......

a special date with Gaga for a Christmas concert

a visit with Santa

a family photo (all looking at the camera!!)

a class book exchange

 decorating gingerbread houses

a class performance in pajamas

a special friend's birthday party

riding on the Polar Express

going on a carriage ride with cousins

matching family pj's

a very happy girl (thanks Jon-Jon and Su-Su)

and a very happy boy!!

I don't know if I'm the only one, but in the midst of the Christmas season, I have a tendency to get a little panicked....I put a lot of pressure on myself to create the magic, to keep up the traditions, to make the memories, and sometimes it causes an unintended backlash = I end up cranky, stressed out and very "un-spirited" and that's when I know that I am not in the right frame of mind, that my focus is not where it should be = on the One we are celebrating in the first place. But as I look back on our photos from the past few weeks, I feel an enormous sense of gratitude! This Christmas was definitely not perfect: there were arguments, blurry photos, cranky kids (and moms), broken ornaments, messy rooms, bickering kiddos, mad dashes to Target, and runny noses...... BUT there were also squeals of joy, smiling faces, hugs of forgiveness, piles of presents, sweet songs, and enough love to last a lifetime......and for that, I am forever grateful.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I can absolutely relate to the words said in this post. Love the picture recap...you guys did some really fun and neat things. Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails