Thursday, June 24, 2010

possibility

As I crawled into bed last night, I thought about how scary life can be. There is so much to be thankful for, so many things to love, but also so much to lose. If we really let ourselves stop and think about how many things could potentially go wrong in the course of any given day, I don't think we would have the courage to even leave the house.

But I don't want to live in fear. In fact, I know that God has specifically commanded me not to live in fear. Instead, I want to put my trust in Him, and step out in faith.

My mind has been buzzing with possibility lately. But every time I allow myself to dream, I feel the fear creeping in......the little voice that says "it's too late for you to start a new career," "there is so much that you don't know," "no one is going to want you to take their picture," "someone else could do it better," "this is all just a crazy pipe dream."

Life can be scary, and the fear of failure can be debilitating, but I refuse to allow myself to become paralyzed with fear. I want my children to see me feel the fear and reach for my dreams anyway. I want to show them that anything is possible. Things may not turn out the way I had originally envisioned, but maybe, just maybe, it will turn out even better!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails