Tuesday, April 13, 2010

what motherhood has taught me

1. You can love your second child just as much as your first child
2. Breast feeding is not my thing......I had no "good" excuse, I just didn't love it
3. Loving another human being this much is absolutely terrifying
4. Unstructured play is essential for kids and increasingly undervalued
5. Children are capable of way more than we give them credit for
6. All the cliches are true........it really is the most difficult and most rewarding job on earth
7. Believing in and having faith in God is the only thing that makes this journey possible
8. Everything tastes better with sprinkles on top
9. It would be easier to climb Mt. Everest than to go one day at our house without turning the television on
10. Boo-boos feel instantly better when kissed by a loving mommy or daddy
11. Seeing your children have their feelings hurt feels infinitely worse than having your own feelings hurt
12. There is something amazing that happens when you sit down as a family for dinner
13. Children have remarkable memories......so be mindful of what you say and how you say it
14. The way I handle stressful situations will teach my children how to handle stressful situations
15. Spanking just doesn't feel right in my soul, my bones, my heart
16. Distraction and Choices are the 2 best weapons in a parent's arsenal
17. The days are long but the years are short (Gretchen Rubin)
18. Craft projects are messy, but almost always time well spent together
19. Sometimes there is just no substitute for actually getting down on the floor and playing with your kids
20. A consistent bed time routine makes everyone's life more enjoyable
21. Advertisements will begin to influence children the minute they start watching television (advertising execs spend millions of dollars each year to make sure of this) = make good use of Tivo
22. The ordinary acts we practice every day at home do more for the soul than their simplicity might suggest (Thomas Moore)
23. The marriage that my husband and I have is the prototype for the marriage that my children will someday have

2 comments:

{CuTe CaRd QuEeN} said...

This is amazing. I find myself nodding along with so many of your observations. What a great list.

Krysta said...

Hi Kristy! Thank you for leaving me a comment. You have such a cute blog and I loved reading your entries. As I was reading, I found myself nodding my head and wanting to say "ditto" out loud! :) It sounds like we have a lot in common. I can't wait to check back in soon!

P.S. It's fun to find another Texas family.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails