Wednesday, March 10, 2010

project life update

I have spent the last few afternoons updating my Project Life album, and I have really been enjoying this process. Last year, I tackled Project 365 and took at least one picture (almost) every single day. It was a rewarding experience that I am glad I decided to do, but this year, I decided to take a more laid back approach.

Instead of taking a photo a day, I am simply going about our normal routine and snapping pictures when I feel the urge (which still turns out to be A LOT of photos!!). Then I simply pop the photos into the page protectors, jot down a little journaling, put in some bits of life (grocery lists, receipts, school work, etc..) and call it a day.

For some weeks, I will use one layout for the entire week. For others (like Grant's birthday), I will fill the entire layout with photos from one single day. There is no set pattern....I am just going with the flow and filling the album with the photos, memories and "stuff" that I think will tell the most complete story of our year. I have really enjoyed popping in some 8 1/2 X 11 page protectors for some of Sienna's school work or pages I have printed out from the internet (I printed out a Dallas Morning News article about our recent record snowfall), and I plan on adding in some printed out blog posts and other interesting bits of life I come across along the way.

I am still keeping up with a few other albums for our family: Birthday Albums for each child, School of Life album for Sienna (includes important school papers, artwork, school photos, etc..), December Daily and Christmas card layouts....but for now, I have found this to be the easiest, most enjoyable way to keep up with the stories I want to tell.

Here are some photos of what I have done so far....enjoy!!

Project Life Album





Grant's Birthday Spread

Sample of Sienna's school work









p.s. You can see more Project Life projects over at Project Life Tuesday

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I think I might do this approach for next year! I'm doing the POTD this year, and at times it can be a little crazy when there's really nothing to journal about and other days there's so much! Good job! Thanks for sharing!

Diana said...

Wow, this is awesome. I am actually inspired to do this now... it is such a wonderful way to capture everything... maybe 2011...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails