Sunday, February 07, 2010

scenes from a weekend

Our weekend isn't quite over just yet, but so far, it has been a great one. My wonderful husband has bundled up the kiddos and taken them out and about the last two mornings so that their mommy could enjoy some much needed R&R around the house......I haven't done that in a LONG time, and it felt so good. It was so nice to just putter around the house, moving things from here to there, turning the dishwasher on, reading an article from a magazine, making the beds, opening all the shades, enjoying the quiet.

We also had our first Supper Club last night with friends from our neighborhood, and we really enjoyed it! I love the sort of old-fashioned idea of pot-luck/theme dinners with friends. I was in charge of the salad, and I made a really yummy one with raspberry vinaigrette dressing and toasted pecans.....very proud of myself considering that I specifically asked to be in charge of the salad due to my lack of culinary skills :)

And now........it's on to the big game!! I'm looking forward to watching, but also sad to see the season come to an end......what in the world will my husband watch on tv??? Thank goodness for the Bachelor!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails