Thursday, October 29, 2009

mama said there'd be days like this



Day before yesterday, I wrote a prayer in my journal asking The Lord to give me patience with my children, to help me find joy in the everyday moments, to allow me to cherish every stage of their development even when things got a little rough. Then yesterday, Grant started running a fever. I took him to his doctor who said it was probably just a cold, (flu test came back negative) and to watch him for the next few days.......of course, after the doctor's office closed, Grant's fever shot up to almost 104, and he just wasn't acting like himself, so we took him to the ER. Luckily, the ER doctor said the same thing our pediatrician had said, and we were sent home to "wait it out." Grant is MUCH better today (thank you Lord), but after a stressful few hours in the ER, getting home at midnight and sleeping on the couch so I could be near by baby, I am feeling the effects today!! 
Yet, I believe that God led me to write that prayer in my journal, so that it would be fresh on my mind when I began the inevitable worrying that comes along with having a sick child. It helped me to keep things in perspective, to turn to Him during those tough hours, to cherish the bonding that comes with holding your sick little baby extra close and rocking him to sleep, and for that, I am extremely grateful!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails