Friday, July 03, 2009

summer so far + this weekend

I spent some time this morning updating my Project 365 album on flickr......I can not tell you how happy I am that I made the decision to follow through with this project. It is such a wonderful way to capture a full year of photos and memories!!
Last night, I slipped in the photos that I had ordered from the past couple weeks and then jotted down some thoughts, recollections, etc..... that went with each photo. It's only July, and I am already amazed at how much the kiddos have grown since January.

We have been keeping pretty busy this Summer......concerts at the Harbor, swimming, tons of popsicles, homemade ice cream, sidewalk chalk, swimming in the pool, dance day out, mini camps, staying up late, and trying to stay cool!!!

Grant loves keeping up with the latest fashions :)
Father's Day photos shoot.....not exactly the way I had it planned in my head!!

Sienna's dance recital....too cute for words!!

This weekend, I am looking forward to our hometown parade, making homemade ice cream (again!!), swimming, grilling and sparklers!!! I have never seen Sienna more excited about anything than the 4th of July Parade. She remembers that last year, we got donuts and watched the parade from the side of the road. She has been asking me for weeks if the parade is today...she says she wants to see the horses and the cars and the big fire truck......it's so cool to see your kids getting excited as we form our family traditions.

She was also over the top excited to put our little flags out in the front yard yesterday....she absolutely loved pulling each flag out and deciding where we should place it....I guess it really is the little things in life that make it worth living!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails