Tuesday, June 23, 2009


After a whirlwind weekend, I am glad to be back home and back to our normal routine!! We spent last weekend at my grandparent's farm, and the kiddos had a blast!! So much so, that on Sunday night, Grant slept from 7:00 pm until 8:30 am, and then napped from 12:30 pm until 4:30 pm yesterday afternoon!!! I guess he was a little tuckered out from the festivities and needed to catch up on his beauty sleep :)

I have been catching up on my reading over on the Simplemom blog and the last couple posts really hit home!! 

The first one was about "Using the Good Stuff" and it got me thinking about the china we received for our wedding that has been collecting dust in our china cabinet since the day we received it (the china cabinet also happens to be in our "dining room" = a room in which we "dine" maybe twice a year). 

So tonight, I have decided that we will be ordering pizza from our favorite local spot and eating off our wedding china......we may even get really crazy and wash our pizza down with a little juice from our beautiful crystal goblets!!! Why not, right???

The other post I enjoyed was all about the Clutter that fills our lives....the clutter that we can't see (time clutter, mental clutter, relationship clutter, etc...).

The take-away for me, was realizing that I need to spend my time more wisely = only looking at the blogs and websites that I find to be truly beautiful and/or useful, watching only the television shows that I truly enjoy (The Bachelorette definitely makes the list!!!) and making sure that I take time to pray, be still, be silent and to dwell on what is "true, noble, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy" (Philippians 4:8).

Sometimes, it's easy to get caught up in activities that do nothing more than suck up valuable time and energy and add nothing valuable to our days....today I vow to pay closer attention to the invisible clutter in my life!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails