Monday, November 24, 2008

Borrowing from Oprah



I saw this list in a recent O Magazine......a compilation of Oprah's favorites from her column "What I Know for Sure." Here are a few of my favorites:

1. What you put out comes back all the time, no matter what.
2. You define your own life. Don't let other people write your script.
3. Whatever someone did to you in the past has no power over the present. Only you give it power.
4. When people show you who they are, believe them the first time.
5. Worrying is wasted time. Use the same energy for doing something about whatever worries you.
6. If the only prayer you ever say is thank you, that will be enough.
7. The happiness you feel is in direct proportion to the love you give. (this is my favorite!!!)
8. Let passion drive your profession.
9. Every day brings a chance to start over.
10. Being a mother is the hardest job on earth. Women everywhere must declare it so.
11. When you don't know what to do, get still. The answer will come.
I know she isn't popular in some circles these days....but in my world, she still ROCKS!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails