Monday, August 25, 2008

Obama fever


OK, so I admit it, I have major Obama fever and I am so excited about the convention starting tonight!! I know that may not be the most popular opinion in the big state of Texas, but that is who I am. I have an Obama bumper sticker on my car (the first bumper sticker I have ever had) and I am really looking forward to hearing Michelle Obama speak tonight. Something about them just resonates with me. I simply like them!!
In other news, Grant is already 6 months old and growing by leaps and bounds every day. He already weighs over 20 pounds and I have never seen a kid that actually enjoys baby food "meat" quite the way he does :) He has such a sweet smile and it just melts your heart every time.....he really does recognize certain faces and there is such a difference in his smile and his expressions when he sees someone he knows and loves (especially his daddy).
Today I made a quick stop at the book store.....something I haven't done in way too long....and I think I purchased a book in almost every section of the store :) I read a list in Real Simple magazine recently about book club selections, so I purchased a couple books from that list and then, because I am in a political state of mind, I also purchased Bill Clinton's latest book on Giving and Barack's book, The Audacity of Hope (I can't believe I haven't read this one yet)....then, just to keep things interesting, I also picked up Tori Spelling's biography, 3 books on photography and a magazine on Organization. So that should keep me busy for awhile!! I have been reading pretty much all fiction this Summer and I just felt the need to add something to my list with a little more substance......maybe it's the Back to School Season and I am in the mood to learn a few things??
And speaking of new things, I made a promise to myself last week on my birthday (which was fabulous thanks to my wonderful husband who gave me a birthday party with all of my closest friends and family that were able to attend!!!) that between now and August 19, 2009, I am going to have 32 adventures in honor of my 32nd birthday. To me, that means doing things I have never done before, trying new restaurants, new foods, going new places, making new friends, saying yes when I would normally say no, just being open to new possibilities, and stepping outside my comfort zone. That is my goal for this year....I will let you know how it goes :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails