Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Craftyness and a fire

Been in a crafty mood latey.....I covered one of the cheap black and white journals and made a little "Inspiration" file. It felt good to go through some of the gazillion magazine clippings I have and actually put them somewhere I will be able to look through and be inspired.....a much better system than having them piled up on a shelf in the craft room :)
I also did some work on Johnny's B-day photo album scrapbook. I am just putting in pictures from all of his birthdays that we have shared and then adding a little journaling about what we did on that day....something fun and special that is just for him!!
I bought some of the little cans of spray paint at Michael's and tried my hand at using one of Heidi Swapp's masks with the spray paint...not my favorite layout, but it was a fun technique and I think I will try it again (so easy and feels very crafty)....

In other news, it was a very strange day in our neighborhood yesterday! It was cloudy all day and then in the afternoon it started raining like crazy and the wind was blowing so hard that I was afraid our brand new outdoor umbrella would be carried off....I ran outside to put it down and in addition to getting soaked, it started to hail and was pelting me in the face (they said it was nickel sized hail??) The worst part....... when I got inside and heard the sirens. Apparently, one of our neighbor's homes was struck by lightening during the storm and their house caught on fire.as a result I drove over after about an hour to see the damage and it was so very sad to see the top of the house almost completely gone, and the fire hoses just pouring water into the second story. We thought about and prayed for that family all night and it just makes me so sad to think about losing your memories. That is what I realize I would miss the most. Who cares about the clothes and the furniture and the "stuff," but I would be so very sad to see my scrapbooks and photos and journals just going up in smoke. It really made me realize that I need to do a better job about getting doubles printed, backing up my photos and storing the CDs somewhere else and also taking pictures of my layouts and uploading them somewhere.....it really never occured to me to do that before....
I am thankful that no one was hurt yesterday and I pray for the family that lost their home...I pray that they will come together as a family and rely on God alone to get them through the next few months.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails