Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Presley


Well, this has definitely been a hard week for our family. We lost our beloved dog Presley on Saturday and I am still in shock and disbelief. He was such a wonderful companion and had a personality that was like no other dog I had ever met. I still feel like he must just be at the vet and will be back soon---I can't comprehend that he is gone forever. It makes me so sad everytime I catch a glimpse of his tennis balls in the backyard and everytime I walk past our back door, I look outside and expect to see him looking in to see what's happening in the kitchen. It's also crushingly sad to see how Bailey is reacting to the loss of his playmate. He seems so confused and has stayed close to the back door since they came to take Presley away. People are already asking if we are planning on getting another dog. For now, it is too soon although I know it is only fair that we bring another companion in for Bailey---he will be so lonely without Presely. As with all things in life, this is just another lesson about always being grateful for the time we have with our loved ones and always taking the time to tell them and show them how much they mean to us. I am sad that our precious baby girl will never have the chance to know Presely and see what a great dog he was. We only had Presley for four short years, but in that time, he showed all of us how to live life to the fullest. He never slowed down and he pulled as much joy as he could out of every second he had on this earth. We will miss him so much!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails