Thursday, February 10, 2011

valentining

A couple nights ago, the kiddos and I decided to do something fun in anticipation of Valentine's Day (and to surprise Daddy when he came home from work). I used my trusty heart punch to punch out lots of red, pink and turquoise hearts, and then let the kids decorate them however they wished. They took the job very seriously (at least for about 10 minutes).



When they were done, I asked them to tell me why they love their mommy, their daddy and their brother/sister, and I wrote their answers on each of the hearts. I absolutely LOVED hearing their responses.....things like "I love Daddy because he let us ride bikes at the beach," "I love my brother because he has a room next to me now," "I love Daddy because he tickles me and makes me laugh," "I love mommy because she is nice and lets us do art."

Then we gathered up all of our decorated hearts and taped them all over the kitchen. We put them on the oven, the cabinets, the fridge, the pantry.....such a simple little project, but the kids loved it! They were so excited to show daddy all of their hard work when he came home that night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails