Monday, December 28, 2009

the afterglow

I can't believe Christmas has come and gone!! I say that every single year, but it really does blow my mind how quickly it seems to rush by....there is so much build-up, so much wonderful anticipation, and then we are on the other side, looking back through all the sweet photographs.
This year was special for us, because Sienna was so excited about Santa coming to town, and she was equally excited about singing Happy Birthday to Jesus and blowing out the candles (and of course Grant is just excited to follow along behind big sister and do whatever she is doing). The kids got a TON of gifts as usual, but this year, it did not feel overwhelming or excessive. I like that we opened gifts from the grandparents on Christmas Eve before the big party, and I like that we saved Christmas morning for Santa gifts only.....that made a big difference in my stress level :)
So now, our family is on to getting the house ready for Sienna's birthday party. Nothing like a house full of little ones to motivate you to take down the tree and all the Christmas decorations!!

1 comment:

the rockwall hurtados said...

I love this picture! What a beautiful family you have and I love your Christmas decor. We immediately noticed the Elf. :) What did the kids name him? My kids were super excited every day to find "Ed" our Elf. I need to find the time to get back to blogging!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails