Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Spring at our House






I am LOVING these flowers in our front flower beds---so beautiful. Last night, I took Sienna outside and we sat on a blanket and looked at the flowers and the birds and the trees in our yard---a lovely end to our day.
Yesterday started out pretty rough. After a quick stop at Starbucks, Sienna and I decided to make our weekly trek into Target---I got everything I needed and of course many more things I definitely did not need but wanted really badly---and proceeded to the check out line. The grand total was around $190.00---more than I should have spent, but I really did get a lot of cool stuff. The only problem? I realized after I dug through my purse more than a dozen times that I had left my wallet in the diaper bag which was hanging nicely in the hallway on the hooks AT HOME. I was sooo embarassed, but the checkout lady said I could just keep my stuff in the buggy and come back to pay for it later. Apparently, I was not the first and only person this had ever happened to. Luckily, my Dad was right around the corner and he came to bail me out a few minutes later. Looking back on it now of course it seems like no big deal, but in the midst of it I almost lost it. I could feel myself starting to sweat as I was digging in my purse and at one point I just wanted to sit on the ground and put my head in my hands. When I called Johnny to fill him in on the details, he gently reminded me that we are so blessed to have each other and to have such a wonderful little angel in our lives and that this will seem like no big deal in the morning. Of course he was exactly right. It even seems a tad silly today and I know when I called him I was being pretty darn dramatic----so lucky to have a husband that can put things into perspective when I need it the most :)
Today has been a much better day. Mom watched the baby for me and let me take her weekly massage appointment----HEAVEN! Just what I needed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails